All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 12 Potatoes (small egg sized ones)
- 3 Onions (medium sized ones) - chopped
- 2 Tomato (medium sized ones) - pureed (ground to paste)
- Curd 1 Table spoon
- Red Chilli powder- 1/4 th of a small spoon
- Coriander powder- 1 small spoon
- Cumin powder 1 small spoon
- Oil (for deep frying Potatoes)
- Onions 2 medium sized
- Garlic 5 big cloves
- Ginger 1/2 piece
- Coriander leaves 1/2 a small bunch
- Green Chilly 3 medium sized ones
- Salt to taste
- Lightly cook potatoes, peel and drill holes in them using a fork
(this is for the frying to reach the innards of the potatoes.)
- Put some salt and turmeric powder in a vessel, put all the potatoes
into this vessel and shake vigorously so that the powder is well spread
- Deep fry the potatoes until golden brown.
- Retain one table spoon of the fried oil in the kadhai and keep aside
the rest for future use.
- Add some cumin (jeera) into the oil until they crackle.
- Add the chopped onions and fry until dark brown.
- Add the ground paste and stir fry for two minutes
- Add the tomato puree, and all masala powders. Stir fry until the
oil stands out.
- Add the curds (beaten) in two batches so as to blend them into the
- Add the fried potatoes stir for a few seconds and sufficient water
so that the potatoes are just covered. Cook on high flame until the
gravy thickens, add salt.
- Garnish with sliced onions and chopped coriander leaves.